We can help you estimate your planned healthcare expenses so you’ll know what to expect. The best way to get an accurate picture of what you’ll pay is to call us at (828) 262-4111. This way, we can consider factors like insurance coverage, self-pay, diagnosis, financial assistance, and more. Read More: Estimate Your Healthcare Cost
We understand medical bills can be difficult to understand or pay. We can help you estimate your planned healthcare expenses so you’ll know what to expect. The best way to get an accurate picture of what you’ll pay is to call us at (828) 262-9150. This way, we can consider factors like insurance coverage, self-pay, diagnosis, financial assistance, and more.
In order to get the most accurate estimate of your portion of the bill, we will need the following information:
- CPT or DRG code from the provider who ordered the service
- Up-to-date insurance information
Your estimate may NOT include:
- Cost of outside physician professional fees such as anesthesia, radiology, emergency room physicians and/or pathology.
- Pharmacy pricing estimates are available upon request. Pricing formulas depend on the specific dose amount, among other factors.
- Any other services or tests done in addition to the original orders
You may receive additional costs or bills from these providers and/or services.
Why do healthcare estimates vary?
Estimates for outpatient procedures may vary based on a variety of items such as
- Time in the Operating Room
- Cost of medical supplies
- Pharmacy costs
- Multiple views or procedures on same visit
A list of healthcare charges for Appalachian Regional Healthcare System
The “chargemaster” is a list of our charges before insurance, discounts, or financial assistance are considered. You can download the Chargemaster below.
We offer self-pay discounts, financial assistance and insurance contract rates not listed in the chargemaster. Please call (828) 262-9150 to get the most accurate estimate of the patient’s responsibility of the charges.
We understand medical bills are often unplanned and can be difficult to understand or pay. ARHS has Patient Financial Advocates who are professionally trained to assist with your financial questions. We also offer help identifying other programs, discounts, and services for which you may qualify. Read More: Financial Assistance