Our goal is to ensure that you receive the kind of care we would want for our loved ones. We are committed to listening to our patients and caregivers – you – and responding quickly and compassionately to resolve concerns.
If you have concerns about the quality of care that you or a family member are receiving:
- Speak with your nurse or nursing supervisor to make them aware of the issue
- If you feel that your issue wasn’t resolved, please call the quality department at (828) 262-4239 or contact us online
- Studer Excellence in Patient Care Award
- Joint Commission National Quality Approval
Watauga Medical Center
- The Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center
- Leapfrog Grade A for patient safety
- CMS 4-star rating for quality
- Premier, Inc. QUEST award for high-value healthcare
- UCAOA Certified Urgent Care
Baker Center for Primary Care
Elk River Medical Associates
- NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
All ARHS facilities have an ethics committee available to give you support and guidance when you are faced with difficult decisions about medical care and treatment issues. These committees do not tell you what you should do, but help affected parties look together at a larger situation and consider all feasible alternatives. Below is a list of how to contact the ethics committee and your location:
The Foley Center at Chestnut Ridge
(828) 386-3300 – request to speak with a social worker
Charles A. Cannon, Jr. Memorial Hospital
(828) 737-7596 – request to speak with a social worker
Watauga Medical Center
(828) 262-4100 – request pager number 1400
Resolution of Conflicts
Although conflicts are often a part of life, they can add to the stress you feel when you or a loved one is hospitalized.
We work to meet and exceed your expectations, but at times we may fall short. An important value at ARHS is receiving, responding to and resolving all complaints quickly and compassionately. Your feedback helps us to improve our care.
- If you have a complaint, you may speak with any facility employee or volunteer, and he or she will initiate the complaint process.
- You may contact your nurse or the VP of Patient Care Services if you have concerns you feel are not being addressed.
In addition to these resolution steps, you have the right to file a complaint or concern with either or both:
|The NC Division of Health Service Regulation
Complaint Intake Unit
2711 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-22711
|Office of Quality and Patient Safety
The Joint Commission
One Renaissance Boulevard
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
We want to hear from you
You matter! Our patients are our highest priority and our goal is to provide excellent patient care at all of our facilities. Please take a few moments to tell us how we're doing, or ask a question.