- This event has passed.
ARHS Healthcare Week Fun Run/Walk
June 1, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm$10
The public is invited to join ARHS employees as we kick off Healthcare Week 2019 with an untimed Fun Walk/Run and Kid’s 1-Miler Fun Run.
Come dressed as your favorite superhero! 100% of our Event Registration money will be donated to the Employee 2 Employee Fund (E2E) for emergency needs among our staff.Pre-register
Fun Walk/Run Info
- Event starts at 8:30 am on Saturday, June 1st – Rain or Shine. In the event of severe weather (hail, lightening, etc), the event will be canceled. You will be notified by email. Event registration is non-refundable and will be donated to the ARHS E2E Fund.
- Starts and ends at the picnic shelter at the Clawson & Burnley park, Greenway Trail in Boone.
- The course is an out and back, approximately 2.95 miles. The course includes pavement, gravel, grass/mulch, and hills.
- Strollers fit for grass/gravel and leashed dogs welcome.
- First male and female finishers receive a hand-made medal by ARHS employee Brenda (Lab).
- Registration fee: $10.00 per person.
Kid’s 1 Miler Fun Run (Under 12)
- Event starts at 10:00 am on Saturday, June 1st – Rain or Shine. In the event of severe weather (hail, lightening, etc), the event will be canceled. Event registration is non-refundable and will be donated to the ARHS E2E Fund.
- Course will be run around the pond next to the picnic shelter.
- Registration fee: $5 per child.
About E2E (Employee 2 Employee)
The employees of Appalachian Regional Healthcare System are a caring team united by a common purpose to provide high quality healthcare with Compassion, Integrity & Excellence. We are also there when our co-workers have a need.
E2E is a fund that allows employees to help their co-workers during times of an unanticipated, catastrophic event. This is a personal way to help fellow co-workers experience an outreach of compassion that brings hope during difficult times. Employees may authorize a payroll deduction for as little as $1 per pay period, elect to make an individual one-time deduction, make a cash donation, or donate PDO hours.