The primary services of Appalachian Regional Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Center (AppOrtho) are general orthopaedic consultation, orthopaedic surgery, sports medicine, physical rehabilitation consultation, and non-operative treatment of orthopaedic injuries or conditions.
The orthopaedic surgeons, Dr. Ekman and Dr. DeVault specialize in arthroscopy, joint replacement, minimally invasive surgery, hand surgery and advanced knee and shoulder technology.
Appalachian Regional Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Center (AppOrtho)
870 State Farm Road, Suite 100
Boone, NC 28607
Click here for a full list of Orthopaedic Services
- Arthroscopy of Large & Small Joints
- Joint Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Hand Surgery
- Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Release
- Advanced Knee, Ankle, Shoulder & Hip Technology
- Non-Operative Treatment of Orthopaedic Injuries & Conditions
- Ultrasound Diagnostics/Guided Injections
- Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy
Another service offered is Platelet Rich Plasma therapy, an innovative technique in which a concentrated dose of proteins – derived from a patient's own blood supply – is injected into an injury site to speed healing.
The office will serve quite a varied clientele base, from those with sports injuries to those suffering from a broken hip.