Heart Healthy Recipes - Apple Berry Cobbler
Apple berry cobbler
By Mayo Clinic staff | Serves 6
1 cup fresh raspberries
1 cup fresh blueberries
2 cups chopped apples
2 tablespoons turbinado or brown sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon lemon zest
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
For the topping:
Egg white from 1 large egg
¼ cup soy milk
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ tablespoons turbinado or brown sugar
¾ cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat 6 individual oven-proof ramekins or soufflé dishes with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, add the raspberries, blueberries, apples, sugar, cinnamon, lemon zest and lemon juice. Stir to mix evenly. Add the cornstarch and stir until the cornstarch dissolves. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the egg white and whisk until lightly beaten. Add the soy milk, salt, vanilla, sugar and pastry flour. Stir to mix well.
- Divide the berry mixture evenly among the prepared dishes. Pour the topping over each. Arrange the ramekins on a large baking pan and place in oven.
- Bake until the berries are tender and the topping is golden brown, about 30 minutes. Serve warm.
(per serving or 1/6th of recipe)
Calories: 128 Cholesterol: 0 mg
Protein: 3 g Sodium: 115 mg
Carbohydrate: 29 g Fiber: 4 g
Total fat: trace Potassium: 109 mg
Saturated fat: trace Calcium: 28 mg
Monounsaturated fat: trace
1/6th recipe = 2 carbohydrate servings