Inclement Weather Alert
Update: Friday, September 14
For Patients & Visitors:
- The hospitals — Watauga Medical Center and Cannon Memorial Hospital — are always open.
- All ARHS doctor’s offices and outpatient facilities will be closed on Monday, September 17 due to inclement weather. Scroll down for a list of these facilities.
- AppUrgent Care will continue to operate on a normal schedule.
- Inclement Weather Plan C will be activated for outpatient and non-essential staff, effective Saturday, September 15 (beginning at 9:00 pm) through Monday, September 17th. Note: Essential staff is still required to report to work at their designated shift start during this period.
- On Monday, September 17th ARHS will assess local conditions and update the Inclement Weather Plan for Tuesday, September 18. ARHS will publicize the Inclement Weather Plan via email, ARHS’s website and local media outlets.
ARHS Closings and Cancellations
(828) 262-4346 or
(855) 812-8369 toll free
When an Inclement Weather Warning has been issued, please call the ARHS Inclement Weather phone line and/or visit the ARHS website to see if the Inclement Weather Plan has been activated before leaving home for your appointment.
What does it mean for patients?
Inclement Weather Plan Activated
For the safety of our patients and staff, Appalachian Regional Healthcare System (ARHS) outpatient facilities may be closed. A list of the outpatient facilities that may be affected in the event of inclement weather are listed below
Medical Offices and Outpatient Facilities: Contact the outpatient facility to reschedule your appointment.
Appalachian Regional Healthcare System hospitals are open 24 hours a day, 7 days week. If you have an emergency, please proceed to your nearest emergency room or call 911.
AppUrgent Care Walk-In Care for patients with non-life threatening illness or injury: Open these hours, even during inclement weather. Monday-Friday 8 am – 7 pm, Saturday-Sunday 9 am – 5 pm.
Which facilities are affected?
During inclement weather events, Appalachian Regional Healthcare System (ARHS) outpatient facilities may close early, delay opening or be closed an entire day. The following is a list of locations and services that may be affected.
Medical Offices & Outpatient Facilities
Cardiac Diagnostic Testing (CDT)
The Sleep Center at Watauga Medical Center
THRIVE: Transition to Wellness