UPDATE: Visitors are no longer allowed in hospitals to prevent the spread of COVID-19
Watauga Medical Center and Cannon Memorial Hospital:
Patients must designate ONE visitor during their hospital stay. Designated visitors may check in and receive a visitor badge. Visiting hours are 7:00 am – 7:00 pm.
- One designated visitor per patient
- No visitors who are sick
- Must be 13 or older
- No vendors are allowed
- Waiting rooms and cafeterias are closed to the public
Medical Offices and Outpatient Clinics:
- Only those who are essential to your care may come with you to appointments.
ARHS COVID-19 Testing Locations are up and running
ARHS successfully launched COVID-19 alternative testing sites in Watauga and Avery counties. We are accepting patients referred for testing at both sites. Testing is by referral only. For more information about what to do if you think you have symptoms of COVID-19, follow the instructions below:
1. Connect with RelyMD online at relymd.com/covidarhs on your computer or mobile device. $49 with coupon code: BEWELLARHS
2. If the RelyMD physician determines that you meet the criteria for testing, he/she will help you make your appointment at a testing location.
3. If your test is positive for COVID-19, you will need to be isolated for 14 days. The testing facility will provide education for you and your family.
Second Watauga County resident tests positive for COVID-19
A second Watauga County resident has tested positive for COVID-19 (novel coronavirus). This case was exposed to a known positive case. They have been in quarantine and are recovering. The local public health staff have identified the close contacts, who are in quarantine.
“We have been preparing to see more positive cases of COVID-19 in our community and our staff and other agencies have been working to protect the public’s health. We want to encourage the public to practice social distancing and take prevention measures like frequent handwashing, staying home when you’re sick, and keeping distance from others who are sick. Keeping our community healthy is our top priority, and we will work to keep the community informed,” stated Jennifer Greene, Health Director, AppHealthCare.