The Health Information Management (HIM) Department of Appalachian Regional Healthcare System (ARHS) is dedicated to the practice of acquiring, analyzing and protecting medical information vital to providing quality patient care.
Copies of Medical Records
Patients who need a copy of their Medical Record must complete the Authorization for Use or Disclosure of Protected Health Information form (linked below). Form must be completed in its entirety.
- Patients 18 years of age or older must sign for themselves - includes married partners.
- Emancipated minors must sign for themselves.
- A copy of the patient's driver's license or picture ID is preferred. Please include a copy of the photo ID with this form.
Appalachian Regional Healthcare System contracts with CiOX Health to handle the release of medical information. Please bring check, debit/credit card, or money order for payment. We do not accept cash payment.
Fees/charges will comply with all laws and regulations applicable to release of information.
Hours of Operation:
- The Foley Center, Cannon, and Watauga: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:15 pm
- Appalachian Regional Medical Associates (ARMA) releases should be completed through ARMA provider; hours are based on offices’ operating hours. See links below, “ARMA Medical Offices,” for office specific hours.
Release of Information from Appalachian Regional Healthcare System (ARHS)
Watauga Medical Center (WMC), The Cardiology Center, Seby B. Jones Cancer Center, Wound Care Center, Cannon Memorial Hospital (CMH), The Foley Center at Chestnut Ridge.
HIPPA Authorization for Use or disclosure of Protected Health Information - ARHS
Return the form in person, by mail, or fax to the HIM department at the facility you received treatment from. See contact info/addresses on form.
The Foley Center
|Cannon Memorial Hospital
FAX: (828) 737-7515
|Watauga Medical Center
Release of Information from Appalachian Regional Medical Associates (ARMA)
HIPAA Authorization for Use or Disclosure of Protected Health Information - ARMA
Return the form to the ARMA Medical Office you received your treatment from via fax, mail, or in person. See contact info/addresses by clicking link to relevant office below.
Appalachian Regional Medical Associates
ARMA Medical Offices:
Appalachian Regional Adult and Family Medicine, Appalachian Regional Internal Medicine Specialists, Appalachian Regional Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine, AppUrgent Care, Baker Center for Primary Care, Boone Urology Center, Elk River Medical Associates, Grandfather Specialty Clinic, Harmony Center for Women's Health & Vitality, Jefferson Specialty Clinic, Tate Clinic and Watauga Internal Medicine