Dr. James Califf is an orthopedic surgeon at AppOrtho. He is a South Carolina native with an undergraduate degree from the University of South Carolina. He obtained his medical degree from the Duke University School of Medicine. He completed his orthopedic residency at Duke Medical Center with a focus on spinal surgery after two years of general surgery training.
Over his more than 25 years in practice, he has further refined his treatment of spinal disorders, offering non-surgical as well as minimally invasive surgical techniques. He is board certified in orthopedic surgery and is a member of the North American Spine Society and the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. He also enjoys general orthopedics, joint replacement, arthroscopy, fracture care and hand surgery.
When not working, he enjoys the outdoors and spending time with his wife and five children. He moved to the High Country in 2013 and is pleased to be able to provide his services to the area.
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American College of Occupational and Environmental Medics
- American Back Society
- American Medical Association
- Director, Orthopaedic Quality Assurance, Alamance Health Services
- Chair, Department of Surgery, Alamance Health Services