Your ID Bracelet
As a patient, you will receive a special identification (ID) bracelet that states your name and hospital number, your physician’s name and other important information. Your ID bracelet will be checked often during your stay. Please wear it at all times to prevent delays with important lab tests, X-rays and various other tests and treatments.
If your ID bracelet is damaged or lost, please let your nurse know immediately.
Patient Safety Team
We encourage you and your family to become part of our patient safety team. For our patient safety program to be successful, we need you to be fully informed and actively involved in your care.
We are asking your assistance in the following areas:
- We need you to provide accurate and complete information about your condition.
- We want you to clearly understand your diagnosis and treatment plan so that you know what to expect.
- We need you to keep us informed of any changes in your condition.
- We need you to ask questions if you have any concerns about your care.
While you are a patient you can expect that we will:
- Check your ID bracelet before giving you medications or doing a procedure.
- Wash our hands frequently to help prevent infections.
- Explain things clearly and completely.
- Ask if you are having pain and help manage your pain if present.
If at any time you have concerns about your care, please let your nurse or your doctor know.
If you have suggestions for improvements or concerns that you do not feel have been addressed, please call the risk management department at (828) 262-4239.
When an Inclement Weather Warning has been issued, please call the ARHS Inclement Weather phone line and/or visit the ARHS website to see if the Inclement Weather Plan has been activated before leaving home for your appointment.read more
The Rape Aggression Defense Basic Personal Defense System is a national program of realistic self-defense tactics and techniques taught for women only.read more
The Appalachian Regional Healthcare System Police Department is committed to the safety and security of the patients, visitors, staff, and the public that utilize all the facilities that make up Appalachian Regional Healthcare System.read more
Thank you for following these procedures in order to prove a healthy environment for all patients, staff, and visitorsread more