Heart Shape 2014
Don't Skip a Beat... Join us for the 2nd annual Heart Shape event on Saturday, February 8, 2014 from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm at the Paul H. Broyhill Wellness Center. Approximately 100 people attended last year's event and learned about heart health and the cardiology services available through ARHS in the High Country. The event is free event and open to the public.
The 2014 Heart Shape event will feature:
- The Cardiology Center & Register for a Pocket EKG
- Blood Pressure, Heart Rate & Pulse Oximetry Screenings
- Healthy Hearts program & Silver Sneakers program
- Paul H. Broyhill Wellness Center
- THRIVE:Transition to Wellness program & THRIVE scholarships
- Cardiac Rehab
- Pulmonary Rehab
- AppUrgent Care
- Diabetes Self Management
- Blood Sugar Screening
- Stroke Risk Assessments
- Seby B. Jones Cancer Center
- Grandfather Specialty Clinic & Jefferson Specialty Clinic
- Appalachian Regional Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Center
- Appalachian Regional Medical Associates (ARMA)
Health Talk Speaker Series
- Cardiologist, Dr. Andrew Hordes will talk about "Atrial Fibrillation" from 10:00 am – 10:45 am.
- Cardiologist, Dr. Joseph Helak will talk about "Cardiac Disease" from 11:00 am – 11:45 am.
Healthy Cooking Demonstrations
Healthy Cooking Demo at noon with Healthy Snacks provided by Earth Fare and Bare Essentials.
During the event, the Paul H. Broyhill Wellness Center will provide tours of the facility and will open four classes to the public. Bring your workout clothes and join us for a morning of fitness classes.
- Spin Class 9:15 am – 10:15 am
- Zumba 9:15 am – 10:15 am
- Yoga 10:15 am – 11:15 am
- Water Fitness 10:15 am – 11:15 am
The 2014 Heart Shape Zumbathon will be on Friday, February 21st from 4:00 - 7:00 pm. Registration cost $10 and all proceeds benefit the THRIVE Scholarship Program. Click here to learn more!
For more information, please call (828) 268-8960 or click here for the media release.