Appalachian Regional Pain Management Center
|Appalachian Regional Pain Management Center|
Everyone experiences pain at some time in life. Pain due to injury or illness usually resolves over time as healing occurs. Sometimes pain does not subside and becomes a constant part of daily life. Chronic pain is physically debilitating and causes psychological suffering resulting in depression, fear, anger, anxiety and family discord. When pain interferes with your quality of life, restricting activities, and affecting relationships, you may wish to consider our services.
At Appalachian Regional Pain Management Center, your care will be managed by one of our physicians. Additional clinical specialties such as physical rehabilitation and behavioral health may be included in your treatment plan for comprehensive, specialized care.Appalachian Regional Pain Management Center treats the following conditions:
- Back and Neck pain, including herniated discs, spinal stenosis and postlaminectomy pain
- Chronic abdominal and pelvic pain
- Acute and chronic postoperative pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (also known as reflex sympathetic dystrophy or RSD)
- Muscle and joint pain
- Disorders of the nervous system including shingles, postherpetic neuralgia, peripheral neuropathy and trigeminal neuralgia (facial pain)
- Cancer pain
During treatment, Appalachian Regional Pain Management Center will communicate the patient's progress with their referring physician. At the end of treatment, instructions necessary for managing the patient's condition will be given to the patient.
Patients are accepted by referral only. To inquire about our services or make a referral:
(828) 265-5493 or (800) 443-7385 (828) 266-1176 Fax
Michal E. Douglas, MD
Daniel H. Nguyen, MD
Tiffany H. Selong, DO
Referrals will be made, when appropriate, for chemical dependency, psychological evaluation, physical and vocational rehabilitation, rheumatologic, neurologic and surgical evaluation.