Surgical Services - ENT
Ear, Nose, and Throat surgeons at Watauga Medical Center are at the forefront of healthcare delivery. The general trend of all surgery over the past decade has been oriented toward minimally invasive procedures or use of a small incision. Studies have shown that smaller incisions allow for a quicker recovery and ENT surgery is no different.
Nose and Sinus surgery has seen the greatest evolution. Endoscopic Sinus Surgery supported with the use of small telescopes and cameras allow surgeons to perform complicated sinus surgery much more safely. Simultaneous use of a patient's CT Scan and instruments allow for safer surgery. Using balloons similar to those used by cardiologists doing angioplasy, surgeons are able to open complex sinuses with a lot less incisions. As a result, patients are able to recover faster and return to work sooner.
Thyroid and para-thyroid surgery are cutting edge; using minimal incisions, utilizing parathyroid hormone levels throughout the procedure and performing nerve monitoring throughout the case.
- Dr. Ford
- Dr. Lehr
- Dr. Nenow
ENT Surgeries Performed Include:
- Tonsil and Adenoid Removal
- Nasal Fractures
- Nasal Surgery including Endoscopic Procedures
- Sinus Surgery
- Excision of lesions of neck and Radical Neck surgery for cancerous lesions
- Facial lesions and grafts
- Facial Fractures
- Vagus Nerve Implant
- Placement and Removal of Ear tubes
10 Most Common ENT Procedures:
1) Pressure Equalization Tube Placement for recurring ear infections.
2) Tonsillectomy and/or Adenoidectomy for recurring throat infections
and obstructive sleep disorders.
3) Nasal Surgery for difficult nasal breathing.
4) Sinus Surgery for recurring sinus infections and tumors of the sinus region.
5) Thyroid Surgery to evaluate nodules that are suspicious for cancer.
6) Throat Reconstructive Surgery for sleep disorders.
7) Removal of Head or Neck Tumors
8) Removal and Reconstruction of Facial Skim Malignancies
9) Reconstructive Surgery of the Head and Neck after tumors or trauma.
10) Removal of Vocal Cord Tumors