- Maintain a regular wake time, even on days off work and on weekends.
- Exercise regularly. Confine vigorous exercise to early in the day, at least six hours before bedtime.
- Avoid drinking caffeine six hours before bedtime.
- Establish relaxing pre-sleep rituals such as a warm bath, light bedtime snack, or ten minutes of reading.
- Don’t use alcohol to help you fall asleep. While alcohol may help you fall asleep more quickly, it severely affects the quality of sleep later in the night and may even keep you from sleeping through the night.
Share this page