Pulmonology in Boone, NC
Appalachian Regional Pulmonology is the place for pulmonology in Boone. Start here for all your breathing needs and our pulmonologists will make sure you receive all the services you need to manage and treat your condition.
Low-Dose DCT Lung Cancer Screening
Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer death in the United States. Early detection – before symptoms begin – is the key to better outcomes. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services has added a shared-decision making visit and an annual lung cancer screening to the preventative services available under the Medicare program.
Patient Forms & Documents
Most Common Conditions
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Interstitial lung disease
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing (CPET)
- Diffusion Capacity Testing (DLCO)
- Lung Cancer Screening
- Lung Volume Measurement (Plethysmography)
- Oximetry Studies
- Pulmonary Function Testing
Lung Cancer Screening
- Patient must be between 55 – 77 years of age
- No signs or symptoms of lung cancer
- Current smoker or quit within the last 15 years
- Have smoked at least 30 pack years (1 pack-year=smoking one pack/20 cigarettes per day for 1 year)
2nd Wednesday of each month
Paul H. Broyhill Wellness Center
232 Boone Heights Drive Read More: Better Breathers Club Pulmonary Support Group
If you would like to speak to someone about our services, please let us know!