Health Information Management – Medical Records
The Health Information Management (HIM) Department of Appalachian Regional Healthcare System (ARHS) is dedicated to the practice of acquiring, analyzing and protecting medical information vital to providing quality patient care.
You have privacy rights under a federal law that protects your health information. These rights are important for you to know. Federal law sets rules and limits on who can look at and receive your health information. Click for more information about our privacy practices.
Forms: Authorization for Disclosure of Protected Health Information
To get a copy of your medical records
Patients who need a copy of their Medical Record must complete the Authorization for Use or Disclosure of Protected Health Information form (linked below). Form must be completed in its entirety.
- ARHS HIPAA Authorization For Use Or Disclosure Of Protected Health Information
- ARMA Authorization For Disclosure Of Protected Health Information
- Patients 18 years of age or older must sign for themselves – includes married partners.
- Emancipated minors must sign for themselves.
- A copy of the patient’s driver’s license or picture ID is preferred. Please include a copy of the photo ID with this form.
Appalachian Regional Healthcare System contracts with CiOX Health to handle the release of medical information. Please bring check, debit/credit card, or money order for payment. We do not accept cash payment.
Fees/charges will comply with all laws and regulations applicable to release of information.
Hours of Operation:
- The Foley Center, Cannon, and Watauga: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:15 pm
- Appalachian Regional Medical Associates (ARMA) releases should be completed through ARMA provider; hours are based on offices’ operating hours. Click here for a full list of offices.
Help with billing, paying online, applying for financial assistance, or learning about discounts and payment plans can be found here.read more
It is your responsibility to be aware if your carrier is in or out-of-network with us and if they have any exclusions, benefits, co-insurance, co-payment and deductibles outlined in your plan.read more
We understand medical bills are often unplanned and can be difficult to understand or pay. ARHS has Patient Financial Advocates who are professionally trained to assist with your financial questions. We also offer help identifying other programs, discounts, and services for which you may qualify.read more