Contact Medical Records Department
Watauga Medical Center: (828) 262-9581
Cannon Memorial Hospital: (828) 737-7547
The Foley Center: (828)-386-3268
Watauga Medical Center: (828) 265-5014
Cannon Memorial Hospital: (828) 737-7531
The Foley Center: (828) 386-3269
Request a copy of your medical records
Patients who need a copy of their Medical Record must complete the Authorization for Use or Disclosure of Protected Health Information form (linked below). Form must be completed in its entirety.
- ARHS HIPAA Authorization For Use Or Disclosure Of Protected Health Information
- ARMA Authorization -for Disclosure Of Protected Health Information
- Patients 18 years of age or older must sign for themselves – includes married partners.
- Emancipated minors must sign for themselves.
- A copy of the patient’s driver’s license or picture ID is preferred. Please include a copy of the photo ID with this form.
Appalachian Regional Healthcare System contracts with CiOX Health to handle the release of medical information. Please bring check, debit/credit card, or money order for payment. We do not accept cash payment.
Fees/charges will comply with all laws and regulations applicable to release of information.
Hours of Operation:
- The Foley Center, Cannon, and Watauga: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:15 pm
- Appalachian Regional Medical Associates (ARMA) releases should be completed through ARMA provider; hours are based on offices’ operating hours. Click here for a full list of offices.
Health Information Management – Medical Records
The Health Information Management (HIM) Department of Appalachian Regional Healthcare System (ARHS) is dedicated to the practice of acquiring, analyzing and protecting medical information vital to providing quality patient care.
You have privacy rights under a federal law that protects your health information. These rights are important for you to know. Federal law sets rules and limits on who can look at and receive your health information. Click for more information about our privacy practices.
Forms: Authorization for Disclosure of Protected Health Information
We can help you estimate your planned healthcare expenses so you’ll know what to expect. The best way to get an accurate picture of what you’ll pay is to call us at 828-262-4111. This way, we can consider factors like insurance coverage, self-pay, diagnosis, financial assistance, and more. Read More: Estimate Your Healthcare Costread more
We understand medical bills are often unplanned and can be difficult to understand or pay. ARHS has Patient Financial Advocates who are professionally trained to assist with your financial questions. We also offer help identifying other programs, discounts, and services for which you may qualify. Read More: Financial Assistanceread more