At Appalachian Regional Healthcare System, we provide our employees with a robust benefits package. You can review the highlights below, and contact a recruiter for more information.
Your Benefit Highlights
Benefits are effective the first day of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Health Insurance premiums as low as $50 a month.
- Free Preventive Care (physicals, mammograms/paps, well-child visits, screening colonoscopy & some preventive meds).
- The Doctor Will See You Now! Access to RelyMD telemedicine service for a flat fee.
- Employer contributions to your Healthcare Savings Account.
- Disability insurance benefits is provided by ARHS at no cost to you and replaces a percentage of your income while you are unable to work due to an illness or injury.
- Retirement 403 (b) and Roth Plans. Available to all employees – full, part-time and PRN beginning the first day of the month following employment. Contributions to the 403(b) are tax deferred and are post-tax for the Roth. ARHS matches 75% up to 4% of employee deferrals after eligibility requirements are met.
- Retirement meetings available with onsite financial professionals.
- Additional benefit plans available include, but are not limited to dental, vision, cancer, accident, critical illness, supplemental and whole life insurance.
- College savings program.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) is available to all full-time and part-time employees assigned to work at least 20 hours per week. PTO benefits combine vacation, holiday and sick leave into a single program designed to provide employees with more control of their time off.
- Enjoy employee discounts with special ARHS savings at local and national theme parks/attractions and select wireless providers.
- Stay fit and improve your quality of life with our Award-Winning Love Your Life wellness programs for you and your spouse.
- Discounts to Wellness Center and Avery County YMCA.
- Access to Employee Assistance Program.
- Employee to Employee Fund; caring for each other with financial assistance through the Helping Hands employee campaign.
Share this page