We believe an informed patient is a healthier patient. Appalachian Regional Healthcare System, including Appalachian Regional Medical Associates, offers a FollowMyHealth® Patient Portal that provides anywhere, anytime access to certain personal health records, such as lab results and discharge orders.
Patient portal enrollment is currently only by invitation. Patients who meet the following criteria will receive an invitation by email within 24 hours of discharge.
- Discharged from an inpatient unit at Cannon Memorial Hospital or Watauga Medical Center after July 15, 2014
- Received hospital services from Cannon Memorial Hospital or Watauga Medical Center after October 18, 2014
- Provided a valid email address during the registration process at Cannon Memorial Hospital or Watauga Medical Center
- Provided proof of identity during the registration process or at our Health Information Management department
- Appalachian Regional Medical Associates patients may ask the staff about Patient Portal at your next visit.
If you do not meet the criteria, you will not be able to connect to our Patient Portal at this time. If you believe you meet the criteria but did not receive an invitation, you will need to visit our Health Information Management department to supply the missing information in person.
Frequently Asked Questions
I forgot my password
If you use Facebook, Google, Yahoo, Live ID etc. as your login for Follow My Health, you will log in using the same username & password that you use to sign in to Facebook, Google, Yahoo, Live ID etc.
If you need to reset your password, you will need to choose the account that you use to log in to Follow My Health (Facebook, Google, Yahoo, LiveID) and click on “Forgot Password?” to initiate the reset process.
I signed up but I can't log in or access my information.
Membership to Follow My Health is by invitation only. In order to register and gain access, we will need to send you an invitation via e-mail. Please stop by one of our facilities and ask to sign up for the Appalachian Regional Follow My Health Patient Portal. You will need to present a valid photo ID and provide us with your name, date of birth, and e-mail information.
How long before I can see my test results?
Labs resulted within ARHS may take up to 3 days to appear.
Labs resulted outside of ARHS may take up to 45 days to appear.
Imaging results (MRI, CT, X-Ray etc.) are not available at this time.
What information will not be available?
Information relating to:
- Communicable diseases.
- HIV Status.
- Alcohol and drug abuse.
- Psychological/psychiatric conditions.
- Genetic Testing.
- Records on Minors (17 and Under)
I am in Follow My Health but I do not see my lab results. Where can I find them?
Lab results are located within the “My Documents” section of Follow My Health.
If it has been a while since you last logged in, your account may need refreshed. Please call our Health Information Management Department for assistance.