After patient registration at our facility, you will receive an email with your username. Or simply click “I need to sign up.”
We believe an informed patient is a healthier patient. Appalachian Regional Healthcare System (ARHS) offers a FollowMyHealth® Patient Portal that provides anywhere, anytime access to certain personal health records.
How to create and connect your account
During registration at an ARHS facility or practice, you will receive information regarding our patient portal. After registration you will receive an email inviting you to join our FollowMyHealth® Patient Portal.
- Click the link in the email you received and follow the steps to create your FollowMyHealth® account – OR – visit this link and click “I need to sign up.”
- Connect your account to ARHS. Follow the on-screen prompts to connect your account. You will need to accept our Terms of Service, enter your 4-digit Year of Birth, and accept the release of information.
You can connect to the ARHS FollowMyHealth® patient portal if you:
- Received services from Cannon Memorial Hospital or Watauga Medical Center after October 18, 2014
- Received services from any ARMA medical office
- Provided a valid email address when you registered at Cannon Memorial Hospital, Watauga Medical Center, or any medical practice
- Provided proof of identity during registration or at our Health Information Management department
If you cannot connect your account, and believe you should be able to, contact a FollowMyHealth® specialist:
- For hospital-based services, call (828) 262-9581 and choose option 3.
- For medical practices, call the office where you received care. Visit https://apprhs.org/our-locations to see contact information for all offices.
Frequently Asked Questions
I forgot my password
If you use Facebook, Google, Yahoo, Live ID etc. as your login for Follow My Health, you will log in using the same username & password that you use to sign in to Facebook, Google, Yahoo, Live ID etc.
If you need to reset your password, you will need to choose the account that you use to log in to Follow My Health (Facebook, Google, Yahoo, LiveID) and click on “Forgot Password?” to initiate the reset process.
I signed up but I can't log in or access my information.
Membership to Follow My Health is by invitation only. In order to register and gain access, we will need to send you an invitation via e-mail. Please stop by one of our facilities and ask to sign up for the Appalachian Regional Follow My Health Patient Portal. You will need to present a valid photo ID and provide us with your name, date of birth, and e-mail information.
How long before I can see my test results?
Labs resulted within ARHS may take up to 3 days to appear.
Labs resulted outside of ARHS may take up to 45 days to appear.
Imaging results (MRI, CT, X-Ray etc.) are not available at this time.
What information will not be available?
Information relating to:
- Communicable diseases.
- HIV Status.
- Alcohol and drug abuse.
- Psychological/psychiatric conditions.
- Genetic Testing.
- Records on Minors (17 and Under)
I am in Follow My Health but I do not see my lab results. Where can I find them?
Lab results are located within the “My Documents” section of Follow My Health.
If it has been a while since you last logged in, your account may need refreshed. Please call our Health Information Management Department for assistance.