Dr. Benjamin Parker is an orthopaedic surgeon at AppOrtho, a member of Appalachian Regional Healthcare System. The North Carolina native completed his undergraduate degree at Duke University and earned his medical degree from Drexel University College of Medicine. From there, he completed his orthopaedic residency at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and his sports medicine fellowship at Wake Forest University School of Medicine.
Dr. Parker is a specialist in all areas of sports medicine, including complex injuries of the knee, pediatric sports injuries, cartilage restoration, complex arthroscopic and reconstructive shoulder surgery, and shoulder replacements. He also enjoys general orthopaedic fracture care and management.
When not at work, Dr. Parker enjoys spending time with his wife and three children. He is also an avid fitness enthusiast and accomplished bluegrass musician.
- Sports Medicine Fellowship, Wake Forest University
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Director of Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, Appalachian State University
Sports Medicine Team Affiliations:
- Appalachian State University
- Wake Forest Athletics
- Winston-Salem State Athletics
- University of North Carolina Athletics
- North Carolina High School Athletics
- Drexel University Athletics