Dr. Steven Anderson is an orthopedic surgeon at AppOrtho, a member of Appalachian Regional Medical Associates.
Dr. Anderson is board certified by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and has more than 15 years of experience in bone and joint surgery. Although he enjoys general orthopedics, Dr. Anderson’s practice focuses on hip, knee and shoulder surgery. He is particularly interested in primary and revision (or redo) joint replacement. Furthermore, Dr. Anderson is skilled in trauma surgery, hand surgery, and arthroscopic and minimally-invasive surgery.
Dr. Anderson grew up in Cary, North Carolina and is a graduate of The North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics. The North Carolina native completed his undergraduate degree in Biochemistry at Duke University and earned his medical degree from Wake Forest University School of Medicine. From there, he completed his residency training at Duke University Hospital. While at Duke, Dr. Anderson had a broad training experience but his training was particularly focused on joint replacement, arthroscopic surgery, hand surgery, and trauma surgery.
When not at work, Dr. Anderson enjoys most of all spending time with his wife, Erin, and their three daughters. He looks forward to his “dance dad” and “soccer dad” responsibilities on the weekends. You might be surprised to learn that he also enjoys boating, water sports and running. A relatively new runner in mid-life, he’s already run many half and full marathons.
Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Piedmont Orthopedic Society
- North Carolina Orthopedic Society
- Duke Arthroplasty Club
- Chief Resident in Orthopaedic Surgery, Duke University Medical Center
- Head of Service, Orthopaedic Surgery, Wilkes Regional Medical Center
- Chief, Department of Surgery, Wilkes Regional Medical Center
- President, Wilkes County Medical Society
- Pfizer Scholars in Pain Management Award, 2005
- NIH Medical Student Research Fellow