Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy
Our rehabilitation services offer an array of direct care designed to meet the outpatient and inpatient rehabilitation needs of our community. Patients are provided with customized, therapeutic interventions to meet their individual needs. The unique locations of our outpatient rehabilitation centers allow patients access to strength and conditioning equipment and pools at the Paul H. Broyhill Wellness Center and The Williams YMCA of Avery County. Some outpatient rehabilitation services require a physician’s referral for insurance coverage.
Physical & Occupational Therapy
- Neurological Rehabilitation
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Management
- General Medical Rehabilitation
- Chronic Pain / Disease Management
- Aquatic Rehab
- Pelvic Pain & Dysfunction
WorkSTEPS Functional Employment Testing
- Post Offer/Pre-employment Testing
- Fit for Duty Testing (Post Employment)
- Job Specific Task Analysis
- Ergonomic Assessment
- Educational Programs for Businesses
- Balance and Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Bioness –functional electrical stimulation for upper and lower extremity
- Concussion Management
- Dry Needling
- Fall Prevention
- NeuroCom Assessments
- LSVT BIG® program for Parkinson’s
- Orthotic and Prosthetic assessment
- Running Assessments
- Wheelchair/Seating Assessments
Our Patient Outcomes
Better results in less time at a lower cost! The Rehabilitation Center of Appalachian Regional Healthcare System consistently demonstrates greater than predicted patient reported functional improvement with significantly fewer visits than predicted.
*Based on FOTO (Focus On Therapeutic Outcomes) data comparing approximately 4,000 clinics and 22,000 therapists across the nation.
Top patient outcomes
- Shoulder: Top 3% in the U.S.
- Hip: Top 1% in the U.S.
- Knee: Top 3% in the U.S.
- Cervical: Top 2% in the U.S.
- Lumbar: Top 2% in the U.S.
Fewer treatment visits
- Shoulder: 32% fewer visits
- Hip: 40% fewer visits
- Knee: 32% fewer visits
- Cervical: 45% fewer visits
- Lumbar: 41% fewer visits
The Rehabilitation Center is dedicated to practicing Physical and Occupational Therapy within an evidence-based, clinical practice paradigm. Read More: All Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Services
Our therapists provide customized, therapeutic interventions to meet a wide array of individual needs. Read More: Rehabilitation Center Therapists
Depending on your needs, your non-operative treatment approach might include injections, rehabilitation (Physical and Occupational Therapy) or a combination of both. The Rehabilitation Center at ARHS offers a comprehensive array of services from highly trained orthopaedic physical therapists…
If you would like to speak to someone about our services, please let us know!